Template

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More Kitty Cat.....and a little on layouts

I enjoyed making that first page so much that I decided to make another one.


I find that the best scrapbook pages come from the simplest layouts. If you are unsure of where to start on a scrapbook page, start by drawing a rough sketch. It may take a few tries to get a sketch that you like, but its better that than putting it all together and not liking it. Here is the sketch that I started with for this scrapbook page:


Another tip I have for creating a layout that you like, is to not stick all of the elements down until you are happy with what you have. I put all of the photos and patterned paper onto black cardstock first, trimmed it, and then moved around the photos and patterned background a few times before sticking it down. I ended up going with my original idea, but its still a good idea to play around with it.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your post on my crafts carnival. I am often frustrating with my scrapbook projects but this tip seems so simple and it is an effective way of planning before I start cutting and pasting. I'll remember this for my next project. Your post is up here:http://keikigifts.brighterplanet.org/worth-mentioning/craftcarnival

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing a great tip & a cute scrapbooking project - your cat is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete